Regional Resident Tutor (RRT)
Responsibilities of the Regional Tutor
The RRT has the following duties to perform in the Regional Centre:
- Act as the representative of the Provost.
- Recommends qualified persons for consideration and appointment as Course Tutor.
- Coordinates, directs and supervises all teaching and learning activities in the region.
- Ensures strict supervision of Course Tutors in the performance of their duties.
- Arranges for the smooth exercises of Face-To-Face sessions.
- Ensures effective writing of Quizzes, Teacher-Made-Tests, Assignments, and End-of-Semester Examinations at all Study Centres under his/her jurisdiction without undue obstructions.
- Liaises with the Study Centre Coordinator for the effective planning and exercise of all teaching practice sessions, student essays and project work.
- Relates all students’ problems and grievances to the appropriate unit for immediate redress.
- Gives periodic report of all activities- challenges, successes, and students’ grievances to the Provost, Head of Academic Affairs and the Registrar for attention.
- Monitors students’ performance in the centres within the region and submit periodic report to the Provost.
- Ensures accurate documentation of all issues pertaining to the smooth running of the regional study centre
- Supervises the activities of Coordinators of all study centres in the region.