The DESAG-UCC is composed of elected representatives of the Distance Education Students’ body of the University in a national congress. They are generally responsible for:
- Coordinating the social, cultural, recreational and intellectual activities of UCC distance learners.
- Presenting the views of distance education student body through the appropriate channels to the Office of the Provost.
- Expressing the views of the distance education student body (DESAG) of the University of Cape Coast on policy relating to distance education.
- Expressing the opinion on all matters relating to DESAG, National Union of Ghana Students or SRC.
- Operating at three levels- Study Centre, Regional and National for the good of the distance leaners.
- Promoting cordial relationship between all sections of the University and maintaining good relation with past students of the University of Cape Coast through the Alumni Association.
- Organising Annual Delegates’ Conference where topical issues concerning distance education delivery are discussed.
- Publishing a record of students’ activities as and when they occur.